ASA Basketball is for Boys and Girls in Grades 1st - 12th in Winter and Spring.
Head coaches will no longer be submitting pre-formed paper rosters. It will be up to you to make sure that you give your players the team code after you receive it from ASA. When you register to coach for the season, you will automatically be listed as "Draft" until we set up you team and email you the team code. This process could take up to 4 business days. The minimum amount of players on a pre-formed team is 7 and the maximum is 10.
Winter 2015-2016 Basketball Registration Open!
1st Grade-6th Grades: October 30
7th-8th Grades: November 13
9th-12 Grades: December 4
- Players may only play on ONE ASA basketball team per season.
- 8 Game Season
- Saturday Games
- Practices provided once a week, one hour a week, half court per team
- Season December -End of February.
- Division I League for Pre-formed teams only 2nd-12th Grades
- 50% playing time for Division II, III, and Division IV teams
- Modified Double Elimination Post Season Tournament 2nd-12th grades
- First Grade will receive participation Awards
- Grades 2 through 6 will receive league placement awards, no participation
- End of SeasonTournament awards given to 1st ,2nd and 3rd place teams 2nd -12th grade
When Registering you will be asked to select a Division in which you would request your team be paced in:
Division I-Most Competitive Division. Mandatory 50% playing time first half of the game only. and participation second half.
Division II- Intermediate level play. Mandatory 50% playing time per game.
Division III- Recreational/Developmental League- Mandatory minimum 50% playing time per game.
Division IV- You will not be able to select this division when registering. This is generally made of draft teams with no pre-formed teams. Draft teams may also play in Division III if there are not enough Draft teams to create a Division IV. Mandatory 50% play time per game. Draft players will be placed on Draft teams.
If you are part of a pre-formed team, please wait until your coach gives you the team invitation code before you register.
Players on pre-formed teams should register individually and will be given a TEAM CODE by the head coach once the team has been set up. Players will register and when prompted to enter the TEAM CODE which will allow them to register directly on to their pre-formed team. DO NOT register until you receive the TEAM CODE from the coach/team mom.
New or redrafting players who are not aligned with a particular team can register to be placed on a team by draft. Draft teams will be formed by the league once registration has closed.
Questions? Contact ASA Sports Specialist Shawn Lung at firstname.lastname@example.org