ASA Basketball is for Boys and Girls in Grades 1st - 12th.
New Process for Rosters
Head coaches will no longer be submitting pre-formed paper rosters. It will be up to you to make sure that you give your players the team code after you receive it from ASA. When you register to coach for the season, you will automatically be listed as "Draft" until we set up you team and email you the team code. This process could take up to 4 business days. The minimum amount of players on a pre-formed team is 7 and the maximum is 10.
New This Season
· Postseason single elimination tournament for second grade through high school leagues. Awards given to first and second place.
· Guaranteed seven game season (six regular season games and at least one tournament game) for second grade through high school
· A 7 game season for first grade
Practice is NOT included during the Spring season but gym time can be rented on a first-come-first-served basis for $15 an hour (half court). Practice sign up date is TBD.
Leagues will play on these dates (may vary slightly based on gym availability from Allen ISD):
· Monday and/or Saturday: Sixth grade and middle school
· Tuesday and/or Saturday: Fifth and sixth grade
· Thursday and/or Saturday: Fifth grade
· Friday and/or Saturday: Third and fourth grade
· Saturday: High school, first and second grade
· Coaches Meeting and Practice Sign Up March 23 Location TBA
Practices Start March 24
Season Begins April 4
If you are part of a pre-formed team, please wait until your coach gives you the team invitation code before you register.
Players on pre-formed teams should register individually and will be given a TEAM CODE by the head coach once the team has been set up. Players will register and when prompted to enter the TEAM CODE which will allow them to register directly on to their pre-formed team. DO NOT register until you receive the TEAM CODE from the coach/team mom.
New or redrafting players who are not aligned with a particular team can register to be placed on a team by draft. Draft teams will be formed by the league once registration has closed.
Questions? Contact ASA Sports Specialist Shawn Lung at email@example.com