Summer Sandlot was a program created in 2010 as an opportunity for kids to continue to stay active during the summer months by playing the great game of softball. The program has now grown four times in size and has become a great outlet for meeting new friends, playing new positions on the field or trying a new sport for the very first time.
Here are a few other things about the program:
- Every Tuesday night for 5 consecutive weeks, starting July 7 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Participants are divided up randomly each week to form “teams”
- All players hit off of a pitching machine (there is no pitching)
- Everybody bats, every inning
- Defensive positions rotate. Play where you want!
- No scoreboards, no umpires and very little coaching.
- All participants get a FREE T-Shirt! (Please double-check sizes when registering)
- Three age-groups
- 08U (2011-2012)
- 10U (2009-2010)
- 12U/14U (2005-2008)
Registration is just $30 per player and opens June 1
We will be utilizing 4 fields, with a field dedicated to each age-group. This opportunity is open to girls of any skill level. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never played before, as this is the perfect opportunity to try out a new sport in a fun, pressure-free environment.
Due to Covid-19 we will not have loaner equipment available for sandlot players this summer. Please be sure your child has a batting helmet w/face mask attached, a bat and a glove.
Space is limited to 120 participants so do not hesitate to register!